Frequently Asked Questions

Q: If I get a survey company to complete a boundary survey and or a title survey on my property for a development, is that document equivalent to a plat?

A: No. A plat entails engineering development and requires an approval process through various city and utility agencies. The platting process includes special application fees and charges.